Revo Accessible Places Working Group
In 2017, Revo convened a working group, cross disciplined and comprised of members from multiple disciplines focused on disability and accessibility issues related to the retail built environment.
A toolkit was developed, a campaign spotlight week with Ministerial meetings, along with charity sessions with involved groups. This include some press work raising the issue and work the sector is doing on this front.
The objectives for the campaign are:
- To drive change through the industry to create as accessible retail places as possible
- To highlight to external stakeholders, including media, government and wider industry the wider, positive impact of the sector on communities across the country.
To achieve this by:
- Raising awareness of the different kinds of disabilities that people face, experiences they may have in retail places
- Highlighting the significant commercial opportunity for members in creating places that welcome people experiencing disabilities and their families
- Delivering consistent messages on accessible places
JTC Fund Solutions (Jersey) Ltd
McArthurGlen UK Ltd
Ellandi Management Ltd
Marks & Spencer PLC
intu Properties Plc
M&G Real Estate
The Source Skills Academy