When was the last time you read and interpreted a commercial property lease? Do you delegate to a colleague to translate? Made a simple mistake and had to face financial implications?
With this refresher training session, get up to speed and address those niggly concerns when interpreting that dreaded lease, enabling you to address any property related issue with confidence and flair.
We want you to be able to understand and interpret with confidence the terms in a lease, including repairing covenants, service charges, rights to sub-let and assign and provisions for reviewing rent. Whether you’re new to the industry or looking for a refresher session, this one’s for you.
Join us this November for a jam-packed morning as we cover the full A-Z of leases including the following key areas:
- Why have a lease?
- Seven basic provisions of a lease – Premises, Term, Rent, Alienation, Alterations, Use, Insurance
- Mastering the legal jargon – what does it really mean?
- Recent case law – the do's and dont's
- Service charge – the legal interpretation of how to apportion cost; and repair, replacement or refurbishment
- Rent review
- Practical examples of good lease documents
Lead: Richard Miles, Partner, Gowling WLG
Supported by: Jessica Steevens, Associate, Retail Asset Services
Non-members/open to the public: £150
*Exclusive of VAT