Up to 5 hours CPD available.
Cyber risk - get clued up!
Introduction to cyber risk & types of cyber attack.
- Denial of service
- Malware in corporate and operational environments
- CEO/ CFO fraud – Whaling
- Targeted system hack
- IP Theft
- Perceived breach – Trial by media
This will provide an awareness of different types of cyber-attack, how they work and examples we've seen that can target businesses and the damage, particularly both financially and reputational, they can cause.
Discussion of major 2017 cyber incidents.
- Bad Rabbit
- Equifax attack
How each attack unfolded, likely actors involved, impact to businesses and financial costs. This provides context to the major cyber incidents of 2017 and how the companies affected were impacted.
What questions should the retail property and placemaking industry be asking surrounding cyber risk?
- Understanding of where your main risk is
- Discussion of the impact of IoT on retail places andvulnerabilities this can cause
Discover how cyber risk affects the retail property and placemaking industry, including the impact it can have.
Top tips to improve cyber security.
- Do the basics right, patching, back-ups, admin rights.
An appreciation of the basic steps you can take to improve cyber security posture and protect against a large proportion of attacks.
Problems we encounter with cyber security awareness at executive/board level.
Gain an awareness of problems that are seen across all industries when trying to deal with the problem of cyber risk at executive/board level.
Introduction to cyber insurance.
Discussion of the following coverage points provided by cyber insurance policy and how it would aid a business in a cyber event.
- Data and security breach costs
- Cyber breach response and crisis management
- Claims arising from network interruption
- Claims for loss or damage to digital assets
- Cyber extortion
- Cyber theft
- Network security liability
- Multi-media liability
- Cloud computing
- Reputational harm
- What would not be covered by a cyber insurance policy.
Followed by Q&A and networking.
Standard Member: £199
Open to the public/Non-member: £299
*Exclusive of VAT