To book, please email
Up to 14 hours of CPD available.
There is no denying the growing benefits and opportunities available to your brand through the effective use of digital marketing in today’s world. In partnership with CIM, we’ve created a two-day training course covering the essential tools and techniques needed to develop a thorough understanding of the digital landscape and build your own digital marketing strategy from start to finish.
Whether you are already involved with the use of digital channels, would like to build on your skills, or have struggled in the past to navigate your way through the digital world, this course is for you. We’ll explore the use of email, social media, paid advertising channels and more to effectively engage your audience and achieve those brand objectives.
Boost your skills and your business.
It’s digital marketing 101 specially tailored for the retail property and placemaking industry, delivered with a practical, hands-on approach. Using everyday examples from relevant industry organisations, we’ll take you through the ins and outs of how to plan, implement and track an effective digital marketing strategy of your own.
Here’s a taste of what we’ll cover.
Understanding your target audience and their online journey
The latest digital marketing updates and trends relevant to our industry
Boosting your online visibility with Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Getting the very best out of email marketing
A beginners guide to google analytics
Creating eye-catching, effective online ads that draw in your target audience
As an attendee, you will be provided with a full set of support materials, including a digital marketing toolkit that covers all the tools and techniques discussed, as well as a range of blogs, podcasts and videos to reinforce your new skills.
So, what’s included?
Up to 14 CPD hours available.
Full training materials provided.
Bespoke training programme tailored specially for the retail property and placemaking industry.
Overnight stay at Missenden Abbey, London.
Instant access to specialised blogs and podcasts for further learning opportunities.
Group dinner on day 1 and refreshments throughout your training.
10:00 – Introduction
Current trends, challenges and the latest updates in digital marketing.
- Creating an objective focussed approach in a noisy multi-channel environment.
- An in-depth review of key google internet statistics relevant to your industry.
- Understanding your target audience and what they are doing online.
- Exploring the sales funnel and what your audience see, think, do and care about.
- The role of content; how to develop content that aligns with your brand and the user journey.
- Creative content ideas that will appeal to your target audience.
11:15 – Break
Search engine optimisation (SEO) step by step.
- Using SEO effectively for your brand.
- The role of search engine spiders, keyword research, on-page optimisation and link building.
- How to plan and measure your SEO results.
13:00 – Lunch
Paid search and how it fits in.
- Creating effective ads, setting targeting and measuring your results.
- How SEO and pay-per-click advertising (PPC) work together.
- Exploring geo-targeting campaigns.
- Tips for writing paid search ads that stand out, and how to run them using Google budget.
15:15 – Break
Understanding social media and its role in the user journey.
- An in-depth overview of the social media channels.
- The process of social media content planning.
- Implementing an effective social media campaign.
- Social geo-targeting for your key locations and footfall.
- Measuring your social media engagement and success.
17:00 – Close
19:00 – Dinner
09:30 – Introduction
The low-down on email marketing.
- The current challenges of email marketing.
- Best practice email marketing tips and techniques.
- Exploring data and segmentation; collecting data, building campaigns, sending tests and email analytics.
- Email design exercise; how to build your own eye-catching marketing email campaign.
10:45 – Break
Display and paid media.
- The role of paid media and the challenge of ad blockers.
- The different campaign types and your targeting options.
- How to effectively measure your display campaigns.
- Display and loyalty campaigns for driving footfall.
- Planning the role of effective re-targeting.
12:30 – Lunch
The role of google analytics in optimising your digital campaigns.
- Understanding Google analytics
- Using google analytics to enhance your online campaigns and improve ROI.
- Step-by-step; how to set up google analytics and track reports.
Setting goals and getting the most from analytics.
- Setting and achieving realistic analytics goals.
- Connecting footfall to web analytics.
14:35 – Break
Digital strategy planning framework.
- Applying the SOSTAC (Situation, Objectives, Strategy, Tactics, Action, Control) framework in a digital world.
- Building a complete digital measurement framework.
- Planning your next steps.
16:30 – Feedback and close
Standard Member: £650
Open to the public/Non-Member: £800
*Please note prices are exclusive of VAT