Up to 8 hours CPD available.
Designed for the professional development of young professionals to become more effective and successful negotiators.
You will be able to:
Prepare for and manage negotiation effectively to achieve your desired outcome.
Understand and manage the negotiation process.
Adapt to different negotiation styles and tactics you face.
Be able to persuade and influence the other party.
Build confidence and competence.
Key topics covered during the day include:
Setting up for success by comprehensive preparation and planning.
Identifying different types of negotiation and the styles appropriate to managing them.
Key behaviours underpinning success.
Negotiation tactics available to all parties.
Persuasion techniques in negotiation.
Process of negotiation.
Welcome, introductions and objectives for the session
09:30 - Differentiated negotiation
- Understanding the four main types of negotiation.
- How the other party may view the negotiation.
- What to consider in your preparation and how to plan what style, approach and behaviour is most appropriate.
10:30 - Negotiation behaviours underpinning success
- The difference between assertion, aggression and submission in negotiation.
- How to be firm but friendly.
- How to earning the respect of the other party.
- Being persistent.
11:00 - Break
11:15 - Preparation and planning…the key to success!
- Preparing for the ‘what’.
- Focusing on the ‘how’ to achieve the ‘what’.
- Allocating preparation time for important negotiations.
- Rehearsals change the picture and how best to conduct them.
12:30 - Lunch
13:30 - Persuasion in negotiation
Participants will be invited to complete a short questionnaire in order to help identify their preferred style of persuasion in negotiation.
14:15 - ‘The Negotiation Challenge’
The group breaks into small teams and are asked to consider a series of short case studies with multi choice answers.
15:00 - Break
15:15 - ‘The Negotiation Challenge’ continued.
During this session everyone will be invited to share their own case study for consideration.
16:30 - Summary and final questions
17:00 - Depart
Revo Hub priority (expires 05/06/18): £299
Standard Revo Hub: £399
Standard Member/Open to the public/Non-member: £499
*Exclusive of VAT