Up to 14 hours CPD available.
A tactical level course designed to aid duty managers, who may be leading critical incidents, to effectively make risk assessments and decisions with recorded rationale when time is a priority.
Limited availability on our upcoming security training for centre staff who take on the role of duty manager.
To enhance the skills used in every day retail property management to support a planned or spontaneous change from normality into crisis and major incident leadership.
By the end of the event you will be able to:
- Describe the complex built environment in a retail context and break it down, to understand how technical and human systems must interact effectively to minimise risk.
- Explain the risks to these environments in a changing world and how emergency planning can impact on them.
- Analyse the crucial interaction between customer service and emergency procedures when managing visitor expectations.
- Describe the aspects of your plans which affect the behaviour and safety of the occupants during and emergency.
- Explain the principles of leadership, resilience and communication when managing critical incidents.
- Describe the principles of business continuity on the road to recovery.
Session 1 Welcome
Session 2 Liability and an overview of management responsibilities to ensure competent and empowered staff in emergency situations.
Session 3 Risk – ownership, management planning and resilience.
Session 4 Understanding the complex built environment – building blocks.
Session 5 Planning, safety and effective system functions.
Session 6 Normality, event and emergency – Security and safety capabilities, services, systems and structures.
Session 7 Incident and emergency response management, including crisis communication.
Session 8 Business continuity – Post event recovery
Session 9 Table top exercise – putting it all together.
Session 10 Course review and closure.
Member Early Bird (expires 22/03/18): £699
Standard Member: £749
Open to the public/Non-member: £850
*All prices are exclusive of VAT
Please note, when arranging your travel the venue is a 40 minute car journey from York station. Please allow up to an hour travel time dependent on traffic. If you are planning to travel by taxi from the station to the college, it is advised you pre-book to secure the best rates.