Giulia Bunting: 6 months through my Presidential year at Revo and there is a lot to celebrate.27 July 2017
If last year's big story was all about re-branding, this year has been about walking the walk, building on the numerous conversations we had in developing our Strategy 2020 and delivering a high quality service for our members and wider customers, across insight, influence, networking and standards.
We are an evolving business, and under the leadership of Revo Chief Executive, Ed Cooke, and his excellent team we have been working hard to deliver against our brand values of being a more dynamic, inclusive and authoritative organisation.
The term of Revo President is only 12 months, which flies by. But reflecting on what has been achieved in this time gives me great confidence that we’re moving in the right direction.
Some of the many highlights have been;
- Delivering a radical change to our annual conference and exhibition, with lower pricing, standardised exhibition product and inspirational speakers. A truly unique event in the UK’s retail property calendar, the conference delivers the perfect environment for deal making, learning and socialising.
- Securing engagement from a wider spectrum of new members reflecting the broader appeal of the rebranded Revo.
- A total review of our Gold Awards, and introduction of a new 'Rising Star' category, recognising the importance of identifying the next generation of talent.
- Introducing Re:3, our public sector engagement programme showcasing positive partnerships between councils and investors to secure retail-led investment.
- Partnering with ICSC to showcase the U.K. retail sector in the U.S., taking Revo onto a global stage.
- Engaging with government on business rates, housing policy and the industrial strategy, ensuring your views are heard at the highest levels of government.
- A new focus on driving best practice on accessibility and inclusivity; the new sustainability of our age.
- Kicking off a major research project into the role of a physical store in a digital retail world, and the consequences for leasing and pricing.
- A quality education programme with training courses in marketing, investment appraisals and much more.
- Establishing a new Strategic Board, with key decision makers from across local government, retail, investment and advisory.
Clearly the market remains challenging, and the political environment is very uncertain. At Revo we aim to support members and wider stakeholders adapt to the pressures we all face in our working lives, through Revo's influence, insight, networks and celebrating success and best practice.
Nobody has all the answers, but collectively we can improve all our chances of adapting to, and benefitting from, change in our industry.
When you invest your time and money in Revo, that is what you are helping to achieve.
I'm enormously grateful for your continued support.
We know we have more to do, so please remember to fill in this customer feedback survey, your views on how we're doing so far, and how we could do better, are crucial.
You could be in the chance of winning a £50 Love2shop voucher.