New Judges Appointed to BCSC ACE Awards as 2015 Programme Launches01 October 2014
NEWS RELEASE | 01 October 2014
The annual BCSC ACE awards for customer service excellence launch with the appointment of two new judges to the panel. Charlotte Crawley of DTZ and Mia Hunt from Shopping Centre magazine have joined the now nine-strong panel, bringing new experience and insight to the awards that are entering their eleventh year.
Now produced in conjunction with Shopping Centre magazine, the ACE programme culminates in an awards ceremony held at the Shopping Centre Management Conference in March.
Launched by BCSC in 2006, the ACE Awards celebrate dedication, commitment and innovation in customer care. Entries have more than doubled in the past five years as customer service has become an ever more important aspect of traditional retailing in the increasingly multi-channel marketplace.
Michael Green, Chief Executive, BCSC commented: “Over recent years we have seen an impressive standard of entries to our awards scheme that recognises exceptional customer service; a critical component of successful bricks and mortar retailing in the twenty first century. It is a pleasure to welcome Charlotte and Mia to our judging jury as we watch entries continue to grow and I look forward to celebrating the successes of all entrants at the awards ceremony in Cardiff in March.”
Charlotte Crawley, Associate Director, DTZ and one of the two new judges on the panel adds: “With over twenty years’ experience in customer service excellence, I am very excited to have joined the judging panel for the ACE awards; delivering a fantastic customer experience is something which I am very passionate about, as DTZ is. The ACE awards promote and highlight some of the best examples in the retail industry. These awards create the opportunity to reward and promote both shopping centre teams, who strive to deliver an excellent customer experience and embed this by recruiting, training and supporting their staff, and individuals who truly embody great customer service in their day to day interactions.”
The Awards timeline for 2015 ACE awards: APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
- 20 October – Applications close
- 27 October – 8 December – Mystery Shop visits to all applicants
- Late December – ACE Star Shortlist announced
- Shortlisted ACE Stars contacted for their January/February working hours
- January – February – Shortlisted ACE Stars revisited by mystery shoppers, and Shortlisted ACE Centres revisited by ACE Judging Panel
- Early March – ACE Centre Shortlist announced
- 19 March – ACE Awards Presentation at the Shopping Centre Management Conference; Mercure Cardiff
For more information and for interviews, please contact:
Sophie Elliott at Redwood Consulting on 020 7828 5553 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the British Council of Shopping Centres (BCSC):
- BCSC is the professional body and authoritative voice for retail-led regeneration and for the management of and investment in shopping places.
- Established in 1983, BCSC represents all sectors within the retail property industry and has over 2,500 members including developers, retailers, agents, consultants, architects and public sector managers.
- BCSC Business Plan 2012 – 2015 identifies five key priorities:
1. To provide business to business networking opportunities for the commercial benefit of members.
2. To influence government policy to meet the needs of members’ commercial objectives.
3. To create growth from new markets, products and services.
4. To undertake a comprehensive research programme.
5. To invest in educational programmes for professional development.
For further information about BCSC go to www.bcsc.org.uk or telephone 020 7222 1122.